Secure Church is an annual membership based program supporting churches in the development and on-going maintenance of a comprehensive church security training and safety plan.
The program is offered by LionHeart, an internationally acclaimed security training organization. Church security training is conducted by nationally recognized instructors with professional backgrounds in the US Secret Service, FBI and local police service/SWAT. What makes these instructors particularly effective is that each of them takes an active leadership role in the security ministry of their home church.
By joining Secure Church with an annual membership, your security ministry participates in a professional program providing a pathway to formal recognition, continuing education and annual maintenance of certification.
Specific certification programs include:
- Certified Secure Church
- Certified Secure Church Ministry
- Certified Secure Church Professional (Security Director/Safety Team Leader)
As a member of Secure Church you will receive:
- Guidance in the development of a detailed baseline of information for the production of a Campus Assurance & Safety Team (CAST) document specific to your church
- Working Group follow-up via monthly in webinars to answer questions and add additional information to individual CAST documents.
- Membership in regional Secure Church Working Groups
- Church specific recommendations and requirements to obtain and maintain certifications
- Quarterly Secure Church Bulletins
- Access to Secure Church webinars and continuing education credits at discounted or no additional charge
- Discounted registration fees at all Secure Church conferences and regional training programs
The maintenance of certifications requires:
- Candidates update theit CAST manual annually to reflect the changing reality of their church and the dynamic nature of the threat environment (A summary of changes/updates to must be submitted to LionHeart annually)
- Documented training on the CAST document
- Documented training that candidates provided to their home church team
- Earning a minimum of six continuing education credits
- Active participation in a Secure Church Working group
- Continued membership in Secure Church
Church Security Training – Keep Your Flock Safe
The initial certification process takes 12 months and includes the option of concurrently creating a comprehensive CAST document reflecting the specific needs and programs of your church.
LionHeart will be launching a BETA test group with a limited number of churches at a significant discount immediately following the Willow Creek Church Security Training Conference in September.
If you would be interested in joining the BETA test group, please contact us at